After having said that it feels like time’s flying for ages, I have to admit that for some reason, January felt endlessly long. No idea why or if I am the only one who felt like that, but I am definitely ready for February! However, before moving on to the second month of this decennium, it’s time to look back on the highlights of the past weeks. Ready?
1. Motivation! I usually always say that it doesn’t need a new year or new month or whatever to gain some new motivation or to change your habits, but for some reason, the new year definitely gave me a lot of new motivation. Motivation to work on my blog, for dancing and…basically just everything.
2. Furniture shopping and preparing the move – and although there have been some setbacks, it was great to work on it. I’m counting the days until we can finally move into our new home, and it is so much fun to choose furniture items we were still missing etc. Also, we started to plan out the weekend of the move and invited our friends to help (which they luckily said they would do). Looking forward!
3. Started to really explore The Hague. I recently made a bucket list of everything I wanted to do to better get to know The Hague, and in January I was able to actually do quite some of the things I wanted. I bought a museumcard and went to two museums, which I actually really enjoyed. Also, I was able to discover some new restaurants and cafés. Loved it!
4. Vacation booked! After Australia, I haven’t really been travelling (except in The Hague and surroundings), which I really miss. That’s why we decided to finally book a holiday again, which we might really need after the move, too. It’s gonna be a week in Curacao in May, and I am so much looking forward to it!
5. 10k! For many, this might sound ridiculous, but I am actually pretty proud to say that I was able to run 10k for the first time in my life in January. And it felt great! After years of thinking that running was just not my sport and being completely tired at 5k, I started to take it serious last year and ran my first 10k in 2020. However, it’s not gonna stop there, as I am planning to run a halfmarathon later this year. Hope this is going to work out!
What were your highlights in 2020?